I love this Place! Less than a week before returning home. All of our planned projects at Child Redeemed Mission Home will be completed in a few days. The grade school and upper class High School kids start school Monday and everyone is prepared. 7 new High Schoolers are being prepared to start in a week. The playground, student and teacher desks, and building projects for Promise Primary are finished and they are ready to start school Monday. The church is really alive and service is tomorrow. Please pray for all that to go well in the next few days. I’m enjoying everyone. I love this place….. It was built on prayer over the last 5 years. Thank you for being part of it.
School starts on Monday for Promise Primary. We shipped 40 desks and 6 Teachers tables that we constructed for them. We also completed the playground…. a 10 seat swing set and 6 see saws. I love building playground…my favorite projects!
We arrived a week and a half ago and the team of Rick, Aaron, Rachel, Logan, Abigail, and Nathanael made a big impact on the Child Redeemed Mission Home and have returned to Charlotte, NC. I am here for another week or so. I need to catch up on updates but it has been a really nice trip.
A quick summary….
- Over 1,000 pounds of supplies, donated clothes, and shoes brought.
- 4 teenagers engaged and had a great time with all the kids.
- Rachel and Logan visited Promise Primary 3 days, teaching and sharing.
- Repaired the merry go round, upgraded the electrical system, installed lights in the new guest house, and made many repairs.
- Installed gutters at the new Promise Primary school building and began the playground project.
- Built 40 desks and 6 tables for Promise Primary School.
- Shared and participated in worship and fellowship with the community.
This exciting project to add 4 new classrooms to the Promise Primary School and impact children’s lives is complete. This school is the vision of Noah Mugabi, Director and Lillian Russell, a woman from South Carolina with a heart for Ugandan children. The vision was to provide a quality education to the small community of Nabwigulu village, Kamuli district, Uganda (Africa) about 5 km from the town of Kamuli. The school was adding temporary buildings but was not able to accommodate the volume of children in the area needing a school.
A core purpose of Mission Servants Ministry is to help ministry organizations that have child serving visions, to achieve them to the benefit of children….sooner rather than later. This project will allow 425 children to enroll in January, up from the current 250 and adding the final upper grades in primary school…Grade 6 and 7. Promise Primary is now a full primary school with quality programs, clean water, and coming soon (next trip in January) a playground. This project was completed for under $16,000. The other assistance MSM provided was mentorship in planning and budgeting with the goal being that Promise Primary will operate in a fiscally self sufficient manner in 2019.
During the month since the last update, the 4 classroom addition project was finished by hanging doors, installing plexi-glass in the doors and windows, finish the plastering inside, and painting. Also during this project a water well was dug and a pump installed. Finally, a very exciting parent and community open house was held discussing the school vision. All glory to God!
The school will open for Term I of 2019 in the end of January. The MSM Trip 26 in January will include building desks and tables and building seesaws and swings.
We praise God for all this and appreciate your prayers and support.
Continuing on to report on the construction of a 4 room addition that MSM is funding at Promise Primary….this is what happened in the last two weeks. Remember that no power tools, cement mixers, or any other machines were involved in this work.
- The roof trusses were built and installed on the new section along with the lateral beams.
- The roof on the existing building was partially dismantled and modified to provide a transition to the new section.
- The overhangs were framed in and prepared for the lattice covers.
- The windows were all installed.
- The inside walls were extended upward all the way to the roof.
- The corrugated steel roofing was installed.
This is what will be done next to complete the building…..
- Install the doors.
- Install the overhang lattice.
- Finish the inside plastering.
- Install the glass in doors and windows.
All glory to God!