This page under construction…………..
MISSION TRIP…JAN – FEB ’13
Update: We had an incredible trip!!!!
Greg Perkins, Tony and Terri Yoder, and Bob Hillebrand will leave the US on 23 January and spend two weeks at the orphanage in Kitale, Kenya. Greg and I will go on to a town north of Jinja, Uganda to visit a relatively new ministry and orphanage that is serving in that area.
Besides loving on the kids and meeting the new ones, our trip outline in rough terms is as follows….
- The new well. We have decided to drill a well and have completed a survey, indicating water at 120 meters. We hope to have permitting completed and ideally the well drilled by the time we visit. Our goal will be to complete installation of the well, pump, storage tank, piping, and chlorinator before we leave.
- Projects associated with the goods on the container such as playground slides, swings, and merry-go-round installation as well as TV installation in the dining hall.
- Implement mentorship projects for the older children.
- Review of all projects implemented previously and act as needed, upgrading some such as rain gutters, lighting, and electrical installation.
- Business and planning discussions.
- Budget review for 2012, new budget for 2013.
- Lord’s Servants Academy (new nursery school) vision, short-term plan, and long-term plan. This will lead to decisions about building a classroom for future 1st through 4th grades classes.
- Farm future plan and use of the land. How can we best honor God with that land.
- Discuss use of the old church building and initiate actions.
- Cooperation between The Lord’s Ministries, The Liyavo Bible Church, and The Lord’s Servants Home.
- Visit the Stream of Hope for the African Child ministry and orphanage in Uganda.
- Get to know Pastor Isabirye and the ministry goals and needs.
- Deliver some medicine, goods, gifts, and relief.
MISSION TRIPS…JUNE – JULY ’12
During our visits this June and July we will be pushing the major projects as well as providing a lot of child attention. We look forward to being a blessing with programs for children and women at the home and in the community and supporting churches. 12 people will be traveling to Kenya to serve in these trips. Please keep us in your prayers.
Bob, Kathy, Dana Hillebrand, Tom, Diane, and Casey Zoppa.
Leave the states on 20 June and arrive back on 11 July.
Andries and Ad van der Wiel
Leave The Netherlands on 1 July and arrive back on 15 July.
Greg and Spencer Perkins.
Leave the states on 12 July and arrive back on 31 July.
He leaves the states on 16 July and arrives back on 31 July
He leaves the states on 20 July and arrives back on 31 July
Major Projects….Our focus has changed a little over the last few months and is listed below. Funding help for these is a prayer.
1. Finishing the new dorm and moving kids in is a reality during our visit. This involves furnishings and details…
* Child beds and storage shelves.
* Library shelves and tables / chairs.
* Computer room desk with new computer and printer and internet connection.
* Final details such as water collection and landscaping.
* Preparations for bringing 20 more orphans into the home
2. Water Well. Project is delayed and being focused more toward a drilled well and larger scale project. Investigation primarily this trip and planning for future implementation.
3. Electrification and lighting of the grounds for security. Electrification of the cooking process.
4. Set up a bee keeping operation to benefit the farming community and provide honey and training opportunity for the orphanage.
5. Playground improvement with new swings, see-saws, slides, and merry-go-round.
Community and Evangelism
1. On-site projects of community outreach and evangelism.
2. Empower the church community nursery school.
3. Provide and use a digital projector, stored media, and time to show Jesus Films and others in outreach support of the Liyavo (orphanage) Church and the Sarura Bible Church as well as others that opportunity is provided.
1. Establish a computer at the home and a program to introduce the educational opportunities to the children.
2. Establish a mentor program and micro-business opportunities to the youths.
1. Further establish the Sponsorship Program with the kids on an official basis.
2. An Introduction and communication method established with each child.
Blatant prayer request…that all children are sponsored so none is without when we visit.
1. Love on the kids and workers and bring the physical blessings we have accumulated, clothes, toys, etc.
2. Crafts and fun times.
3. Plan the actions needed for the next year.
To join our newsletter list please complete the online form. Subscribe to our newsletter