9 of the 10 of us (Aaron left two days ago) and our 36 bags with over 1,000 pounds of tools, medicine, clothes, soccer cleats, Bibles, Jesus Film projector, audio Bibles, and other supplies, started out at Charlotte Airport at 4:00 am this morning.
The first crisis of the trip was a failed zipper on our largest duffel bag. A number of not great options rolled through my mind. No problem….we have Chandler, an Eagle Scout with spare paracord and pocket knife in his bag to check. The duffle was made of ripstop fabric so we stitched it closed. Hope the security check is OK with it.
We are excited to see the kids and the community and be inside God’s plan for this trip. Thank you for your prayers.
A small team of 3 of us will meet at Child Redeemed Mission (Formerly SOH, Stream of Hope) for mission trip #20 for Mission Servants to Africa and the 12th to Uganda. Ve’Neesha got a head start on Gary and I and has been there for a week already loving on the kids at CRM and in a village she visited a year ago. Gary and I leave Wednesday 9 August.
Please pray for us. Here is a summary…..
- Child mentoring, sharing with, and loving. Community serving and loving.
- Improve playground and install a steel swing set frame.
- Build steel soccer goal frames and install nets.
- Additional Security lighting installation around the compound.
- Move the well water tap closer to the kitchen.
- Complete the concrete work between the buildings for rain water flow.
- Replace valves on 2 water tanks.
- Plant more trees.
- Carpentry and construction.
- Review open items needed for adding 22 children to CRM.
- Water quality improvement project at the community school. Meet and plan to execute this project on the next trip.
- Management topics with Staff, Government, Hospital, Legal, and Accounting persons.
- Prepare and plan for the next trip in January.
- Visit two schools in the area that are sponsored by similar ministries, to encourage.
- Visit the Teso ministry. Leave 25 more audio Bibles.
- Wisdom and guidance about expanding the home with 22 new kids.
- Wisdom during Management Topic meetings and discussions so we are God-honoring.
- Wisdom and guidance as we mentor and encourage the two schools we visit.
- That we are led into Evangelism and Community Outreach projects by the Holy Spirit.
- Safety and peace for Gary and Bob in Africa and for Kathy and Mary Lynn at home.
- Health of the kids physically and spiritually, that they know the love of Christ Jesus.
- God’s will and peace in the national elections in Kenya.
Photos from Ve’Neesha’s visit so far…