Our plans are beginning to take shape for our next trip to The Lord’s Servants Home. At this point, Greg Perkins and I will leave the US on 23 January, spend two weeks at the orphanage in Kitale, Kenya then travel to a town north of Jinja, Uganda to visit a relatively new ministry and orphanage that is serving in that area. Others may join us at The Lord’s Servants Home.
The timing of this trip is such to allow us to A) catch the kids on their school break and get to know the 20 new ones that will have joined the home by then, B) Complete the fresh water well project during the dry season, and C) travel by land to Uganda during the dry season.
Our trip outline in rough terms is as follows….
- The new well. Our goal will be to prepare for this, decide what course of action, and complete installation of the well, pump, storage tank, piping, and chlorinator before we leave.
- Many small projects associated with the goods on the container.
- Implement some mentorship projects.
- Review of all projects implemented previously and act as needed.
- Business discussions.
- Budget review for 2012, new budget for 2013.
- Current and long term issue review.
- Lord’s Servants Academy (new nursery school) vision, short term plan, and long term plan.
- Farm future plan and use of the land.
- Cooperation between The Lord’s Ministries, The Liyavo Bible Church, and The Lord’s Servants Home.
- Plan outline for the next visit. How many, what kind of activities, how long, when?
- Visit the Stream of Hope for the African Child ministry and orphanage in Uganda.
- Get to know Pastor Isabirye and the ministry goals and needs.
- Deliver some medicine, goods, gifts, and relief.
Please keep us in your prayers as we finalize our plans and work towards gathering provisions to complete our purpose to serve and love the people in Africa and honor God with this.